السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon you.
Many of us grow up thinking that no one knows us better than we know ourselves, because we alone experience our sadness and joy, our thoughts and feelings. But many of us forget that Allah is the one who gifts us those joyous moments, those thoughts and feelings, those sadness moments to ponder upon. We tend to forget that if Allah is powerful enough to create us and provide us with everything we have, then he is also the only One who understands what we truly need, what is best for us. Sometimes we do not know ourselves what is good for us; we find ourselves in situations of whether to do one thing or another because we do not know what will benefit us more. But Allah? No, that is never the case for Him. He is Caring and Loving, He knew before we were even created what was best for us all.
In the book The War within our hearts, Habeeb Quadri and Sa’ad Quadri the example of a car is used. When you buy a car, you receive a manual of how to keep the car in good condition and how to use the car which was made by the designer and creator of the car. Similarly, Allah has designed and created us with manuals and a goal to meet in our lives. That goal is to please Allah, and the manuals? They are the Qur’an and the Sunnah’s of the Prophet, peace be upon him.
Allah is also aware of all of our strengths and weaknesses; He did not just give us strengths for no reason. For example, we cannot pick up a building as we do not have the physical strength to do so. However we have the intellect to design and build machinery which can lift these buildings. Just like the body, our soul (spiritual state) also has strengths and weaknesses which Allah is all aware of.
An example is the story of Prophet Adam, may peace be upon him. When Allah created him, he was gifted with intellect and knowledge of which even the angels were not aware of. This knowledge was only gained by the guidance and help of Allah. Without His help, Adam would have not known anything at all. This shows us that our intellect is a gift itself from Allah and we should use this gift to behave in a way which will please Him.
At a moment the angels and Iblis was ordered to bow down to Adam.
“So the angels prostrated, all except Iblis; re refused to be amongst those who prostrated” (Qur’an 15:30-31)
“I will not bow down to a mortal You created from dried clay, formed from dark mud.” (Qur’an 15:33)
Indeed, this was Iblees’s arrogance which caused him to speak against Allah. He thought he was better than Adam because he was made out of fire and Adam was made out of earth. Little did he know that Allah already knew that he was going to speak against Allah’s command; it was Allah who let him continue in order to teach everyone else a lesson: That He is All – Knowing and all aware of all things that are about to happen.
What can I learn from this?
- · Allah knows better than we know; our intellect is limited, we have only been gifted the knowledge we know.
- · We should accept the gifts Allah has bestowed upon us and we should leave the rest to Allah. After all, only He knows the reason why everything happened is happening right now and will happen.
- · Sometimes we find ourselves in situations when we do not know what to do. The solution to this is to engage with Allah through Salaah and ask him for help. Allah will listen to you, He has gifted you another day in order for you to turn to him more. Take advantage of every second you have and ask Him for guidance. Nothing is better than the guidance from Allah, The most Loving and The Generous.
- · Another way to feel contempt is to try to live the way the Prophets and the Sahabas (companions of the prophet) lived. Praise is to Allah, there are so many lessons we can learn from the stories of all the prophets which are easier for us to access in this day and age!
- · The Qur’an and Hadiths have solutions to everything. The Qur’an was revealed for a reason. Not just to be left on the shelves or for us to read every once in a while, but in fact to FIND OUT what Allah is trying to tell us. Remember, Allah knows about everything you are going through, do not underestimate the way He understands and guides us through various ways.
If I have made any mistakes, please forgive me and comment on the mistakes I have made.
Hope you are having a lovely day In sha Allah.
May you be accompanied by safety.